Cucumber & Onion Salad

Well, I survived fair week.  It is so exhausting, but so worth it.  My kids did a fabulous job with their animals and projects.  My oldest will be headed to our state fair with her quilt!  Whohoo!!!

I have hardly cooked this week, but did have time to whip up some cucumbers and onions {and some Jumbo Blueberry Muffins}.  This is a great way to use up all those garden cucumbers.  I think my favorite cucumber recipe is my Cucumber Salsa.  If you have a cucumber recipe I would love for you to share it with me.  I am always looking for new ones to use up these cucumbers!!! 


Cucumber & Onion Salad

In a bowl combine.

4 whole cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 whole onion, sliced

Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over cucumbers and onions.  Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.

1 Cup sour cream
1/4 Cup white sugar
2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar 
1 Tsp dried dill weed
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
1/8 Tsp paprika
Dash of worcestershire sauce 



{{{Hugs}}}
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 the farmers wife is proudly powered by blogger.com