Homemade Laundry Soap with Oxygen Booster

Pin It

I have always been one to make things homemade.  Whether it be a version of food from a favorite chain restaurant , air freshners, chapstick {I'm an addict of moist lips}, baby wipes, or laundry soap......I am game to try it.  I simply get a thrill from making it myself and often times it's a cheaper option than buying it at a store.  Who doesn't like to save money!!!!!!  The first thing I made homemade {other than food...LOL} was baby wipes.  When you live miles from town where stores are not open 24/7 and everything is closed on Sunday sometimes you have to figure out a second option for the products you need.

My latest homemade product is laundry soap.  If you have followed my blog you know that laundry is a huge obstacle in my life.  If you care to read about all my laundry sagas you can read about them here,  here,  here, or here.  With four kids and a farmer husband laundry is constantly a huge chore in this household.  I spend a lot of time in my laundry room and I also spend a lot of money on laundry supplies every month.  With that being said, I decided to save some money and make my own.


It is soooo simple.  Here is what you need.... Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda {this is different from baking soda}, Borax, Oxi Magic or any oxygen booster, and Fels-Naptha laundry bar which you should be able to find in the laundry isle.


Grate the Fels-Naptha bar with a cheese grater and then put it into a food processor and grate it up until it is a thick powder consistency.  Then add 1 cup of Borax, 1 cup of Super Washing Soda, and 1/2 cup Oxi Magic.  Mix all together and store in a container.  Use 2 tablespoons per load.  This recipe is HE friendly.  You can probably use 1 tablespoon for each load, but in my household we have dirt, cow poop, and grease all over most of our clothes so I have stuck with 2 tablespoons for every load.

I have been impressed with it so far.  I think my whites seem whiter than they did with my Tide.  My husband is always dirty and his greasy jeans are clean too.  The smell is very subtle, but clean.  I figured this homemade laundry soap cost just a couple pennies a load compared to my Tide that cost $0.24 a load.  Twenty-two cents difference doesn't sound like much but it will add up fast in this household.


{{{HUGS}}}



Keeping It Simple
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Anything Related



Somewhat Simple
A Little Knick Knack
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 the farmers wife is proudly powered by blogger.com