Printing On Burlap

I love all things burlap.  It has such an awesome shabby texture.  Did you know you can print on burlap {or just about any fabric}?  All you need is some burlap, freezer paper and a printer.

First, make your saying or design in whatever program you would like such as photoshop or word.  I used John 3:16 for my wording and made it fit on a standard 8½ x 11 piece of paper.  I used 2 different fonts and I stuck with bolder fonts since the burlap fabric is so coarse.  I don't think a dainty font would show up very well.  Once you are done with your design be sure to save it.

Pin It

Next, take piece of burlap a little large than a 8½ x 11 and cut a piece of freezer paper about the same size and place it on top of the burlap shiny side toward the burlap.  Use an iron on medium setting and iron the wax paper on the non-shiny side.  It will then stick the freezer paper to the burlap.  Next  use a blank piece of 8½ x 11 piece of paper and lay it over the top of the burlap and freezer paper that is now stuck together for a pattern and cut the burlap and freezer paper to an exact 8½ x 11.  Then place your burlap and freeze paper into your printer so it will print directly on the burlap side.  Print your image.

Once your image has printed your can peel off the freezer paper.  I waited for a few minutes to allow time for the ink to dry....just because I was being very cautious.....for once.  There you have it...printed burlap fabric.


I decided to make a picture with mine.  I used and old picture frame that didn't have a back.


I painted the frame with a light coat of white paint.  Then I cut a piece of cardboard to fit the opening.


I covered the cardboard with scrapbook paper using Mod Podge.  I glued some ribbon on to cover the seam from the two pieces of scrapbook paper.  I made some fabric rosettes {just like the ones I made here} and burlap flowers with coordinating fabric.  I used hot glue and attached buttons to the top of the flowers.  Then I glued the flowers to the covered cardboard.  I sprayed the back of the printed burlap with spray adhesive and stuck it onto the covered cardboard as well.





Voila, a cute little piece to hang in my home.

{{{HUGS}}}

A Little Knick Knack






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Be Different Act Normal
Sisters Of The Wild West
Fun To Craft
Finding Fabulous
The Shady Porch
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 the farmers wife is proudly powered by blogger.com