Old Ladder

I really want a flower box below my window.  When I see a house with a flower box flowing with vibrant flowers it makes me want one....okay so I am jealous I don't have one.  The hubs has a bunch of old wood in the shop and I think he should build me one.......like now {but he is busy planting}.

Another great thing about living on a farm is there is lots of "junk" E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E!!!  We have several old sheds full of stuff so I decided to scope them out awhile back to see if there were any hidden treasures.  I was super excited when I found this old ladder.



And I was thrilled to find these old rusty pails.


I had no idea what I was going to do with the ladder or the pails, but I like them and figured I would think of something.....someday.

I mowed the yard this morning and then started pulling weeds in my flower bed and then it hit me.  I knew what I was going to do with my old ladder and rusty pails.


This is our the back side of our house.  Notice the trim around the window is not painted.  I have only put that off for 2 years.  It was gorgeous out today so I decided to tackle that project.  I spent the whole day outside working and got a sunburn on my arms.

I had to make another trip to the shop for some wire and while I was there I found this old watering can and another old pail.


Sorry it is a bad picture, but I decided to make it a planter.

Then I used the old ladder and did this.


And this.


And this with the last pail.


And now my back yard looks like this.


I am excited for my flowers to grow so I will have petunias flowing down my ladder.  I need to get some flowers for my hanging basket too.

So needless to say....one farmer's junk is his wife's treasure!!!!!!!  It is not quite a flower box, but will work until I can get one made!!!

Here is an update of how things have grown the last 3 weeks!!



{{{HUGS}}}
The Farmer's Wife

PS While I had the primer and paint out I decided to tackle another project.  Stay tuned for that one...it turned out cute!!!

Linked up to: Little Lucy Lu ,
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 the farmers wife is proudly powered by blogger.com