Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken

I love FALL!!!  I love that it cools off at night is and a tid-bit chilly in the morning when we get up.  The days are getting shorter and after a looonnnnggg hot summer on the farm we are all ready for some sleep and I am personally glad that the I will not be drenching my undergarments twice a day from extreme heat.  Corn harvest {which is my absolute favorite harvest} is just around the corner which means I will soon be preparing field meals again.

I have broke out the old crock pot a couple times this week.  Just to give you a visual of my poor old crock pot.....the hubs melted the handle on the stove several years ago so turning it on requires special talent.  I cook a lot in it and it has seen better days, but hey it keeps tickin'!!!  I love that I can throw something together before I walk out the door and then come home and dinner/supper is done when I get home.

Okay, can anyone help me out with this???  The hubs and I disagree on what time DINNER is!!!  I say breakfast, lunch, and supper....and we go out for dinner.  My hubs says breakfast, dinner, and supper.  This caused great misunderstandings in our first few years of marriage.  He would invite someone over for "dinner" and they would show up for "lunch".  So what is the noon meal called....lunch or dinner????  Please help, our next noon meal may depend on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

For SUPPER we had Crock Pot Sweet n Sour chicken.  This is so simple to make.

 
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup water
2 tbsp chili sauce
1/2 cup honey bbq sauce
1 onion, diced
1 small can of pineapple chunks

Place water and chicken in the crock pot.  Place onions over the chicken.  Drain pineapple juice in a bowl and add chili sauce and bbq sauce.  Mix.  Add pineapple chunks over the chicken and then pour sauce mixture over the top.  Cook on low setting for 6 hours.  Serve over rice.

{{{HUGS}}}
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 the farmers wife is proudly powered by blogger.com