What "Could" Be Next....

Today, this very day, August twenty third two thousand eleven was the FIRST day I have ever done this.  I actually feel a sense of relief by doing this.  What is so HUGE that it would have me feeling this way???  Well, let me tell ya.  Today I took my hub's shirts to be starched at the dry cleaner.  I know HUGE huh!!!!  For fifteen years I have slaved over the iron with my bottle of Stay-Flo starch to get his shirts extra crispy just the way he likes them.  I couldn't quite work up to sending his jeans....baby steps, baby steps...right?


I have been so busy with life that I just don't have time for the nervous breakdown I deserve....hahahah!!!!  I would usually take a few hours and get my ironing done, but time seems to be a precious thing lately and I feel so good knowing I don't have that on my to-do list!!



This has got me pondering what could be next on my "hired" to-do list.  I think a maid would be right there at the top.  Maybe a personal chef....the kind that cooks really delicious healthy food and I would be on a diet, but it wouldn't taste like I was.  I could hire someone to mow the lawn and tend to my garden and flower beds.  The list could go on.



However, when I really think about these things I would like to "hire" done I have realized deep down that I wouldn't want someone else doing it.  Okay, other than the dry cleaner.  I will probably keep that up....just because.  I actually like housework.  It is a great feeling to me when my house is sparkling clean.  I love to cook!!!  I find it therapeutic.  I think the mouths in this household appreciate it too.  And then the mowing, I enjoy that as well.  I love being outdoors and looking at the yard right after it has been mowed.  My flowers have been beautiful this year and I love caring for them and watching them grow.  These things are me and I don't want someone else doing them.....they probably wouldn't do it right anyhow!!!!


I guess the solution would be to have more hours in the day.  Time seems to be the reason I can't keep up.  I rarely have a day that is not full of interruptions.  I am sure most you feel this way.  I get right in the middle of something and then "POOF" something comes up that takes precedence over what I am currently doing.  I need to find balance in my life.....which will just take TIME!!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 the farmers wife is proudly powered by blogger.com